MWSRA is a non-profit organization functioning as a trade association for the purpose of promoting winter sports. It provides services and assistance to the winter sports industry, its representatives, and dealers. MWSRA aids stores and reps in their buying and selling efforts by sponsoring a trade show/s each year.
A new applicant must meet the following requirements for a one (1) year "Provisional Membership"
- Must reside in the Midwest territory serviced by MWSRA or approved by the MWSRA Board
- Cannot be a principal of the company represented
- Manufacturers represented by a member during market must be affiliated with either SIA-SNOWSPORTS INDUSTRIES OF AMERICA, or OR-OUTDOOR RETAILER
- Annual Membership Dues are $150 with an Initiation Fee of $500 (one time only) and any Booth Fees (see Below) as well as any other fees incurred must be paid in full (fees reviewed annually by the Board of Directors)
- Approval by the "Board of Directors".
After a one (l) year "Provisional Membership", the applicant will be offered full membership upon submitting 5 letters of recommendation from five (5) existing active members and/or retailers.
If qualifications for active membership are not met, fees will not be refunded. When full membership is attained the following year, the normal membership fees will apply. Voting rights do apply during your provisional year.
A buyer’s guide of all members/provisional members and the manufactures they represent is mailed to the stores that have pre-registered for the show. In order to be listed in the buyer’s guide, your application/online registration must be received by the MWSRA Office by October 1st
. An additions and corrections page will be maintained and inserted in each additional Buyer’s Guide that gets distributed. Please keep the MWSRA Office updated with any line changes.
The list of stores and buyers that attended last year’s show will be e-mailed to you upon your acceptance as a "Provisional Member". As stores and buyers register to attend the upcoming shows all members/provisional members will receive retailer registration lists with weekly updates of new registrants.